Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 2

This morning I woke up to the sweet sound of my double alarm! You know, I need a alarm close to my ear to wake me up and one across the room to keep me up.
I threw on my dress pants and my premium lime green dress shirt along with the beautiful white nikes I have. I ate some breakfast which today consisted of two perfectly unhealthy white buns and two delicious and somewhat healthy turkey breakfast patties. I made a lunch with the same combo only I subsituted in a few chicken breasts and I also took a gatorade and some granola!
By 730 I was out the door feeling great, the sun was out so I didn't have any mud in my shoes from the rain yesterday and for some reason the Kohler air just smells that much better!
I went to Kohler medical, law and communications building to get my security/clock in badge. I filled out a bunch of paper work and got my picture taken for it.
After receiving my badge I jumped across the street to The American Club hotel and sat for the first three hours while Melissa (head of HR) discussed whp Kohler was, what we respresent and how to represent it. There was a hour break for lunch where I went to the house and sat while I ate my two chicken sandwiches and some home made granola.
After lunch, I went back for another three hours where we were taught about Hospitality by D.E.S.I.G.N. which is a huge is a anagram for some crazy mumbo jumbo. She could have just summed it up by saying "You represent Kohler so be nice to the people you work with and who stay with us."
After orientation I went to the house and took a shower. This shower smelled terrible! The water is well water and I think I was gagging the whole time I was in the bathroom because of the amount of rotten egg smell.
I got a call from my supervisor, I will be starting at whistling straits Monday! I am also excuited because they put me on nights, now I don't have to get up at 4am, since you have to start work at 5:30am.
I can start to tell that this is going to be very exciting and very exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment