Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 12

Today was my first day back at work for bit and a early one at that. I woke up at 6am, not wanting to sleep through and miss work, to find out I didn't work till 10am so I slept again till 9am.
Last Saturday night I was asked to come in this morning early since tomorrow, Tuesday, there will be a WRA, Wisconsin Restaurant Association, golf tournament. So I went in 4 hours early to grill a bunch of meat and prep about 12 turkeys for tomorrow.
All in all I think today was a success but it feels like a downer. Even though I made it through my 13 hour day, I am feeling a little bit discouraged. I feel like I should be catching on faster and knowing all these dishes better.
Tonight I worked middle, in middle you have to know each item so you can pick out the correct plates and plate the items correctly. The problem with that is, I don't know all the plates 100% yet and I feel like I should. I also am a lot slower at everything than they are and I feel like I am slowing them down.
My feet are sore, my back is aching, and my heart is droopey, I hope that tomorrow is a better day.
I know I am going through nothing what Christ did, but I have to think to myself, He didn't give up even before He knew He was going to the cross. Even though He knew that His end was going to be terrible, he still healed many, and continued His walk.
Please pray for me to stay encouraged, and memorize the dishes better.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment